THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH GLORIOUS VISION
TENENT OF FAITH
Glorious Vision based on the Holy Scriptures and stated The following are the fundamental and doctrinal beliefs of The Apostolic Church summarized form. Such doctrinal beliefs as accepted and confessed, and the personal experience and practices resulting therefrom, shall be the essential basis of the fellowship and union of the members thereof.
1. The Unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of the Persons therein.
2. The utter depravity of human nature, the necessity for repentance and regeneration, and the eternal doom of the finally impenitent.
3. The Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Atoning Death, Triumphant Resurrection, Ascension and Abiding Intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ: His Second Coming and Millennial Reign
4. Justification and Sanctification of the Believer through the finished work of Christ.
5. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost for believers with signs following.
6. The Nine Gifts of the Holy Ghost for the edification, exhortation, and comfort of the
Church, which is the Body of Christ.
7. The Sacraments of Baptism by Immersion, and of the Lord's Supper.
8. The Divine Inspiration and Authority of the Holy Scriptures.
9. Church Government by Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders and Deacons/Deaconesses.
10. The possibility of falling from Grace.
11. The obligatory nature of Tithes and Offerings.
The Apostolic Church as a denominational name was adopted in 1916 in the United Kingdom by the body of believers who had been led by God subsequent to the Welsh Revival of 1904-05, into the truth of the principles and practices as contained in the book of the Acts of the Apostles in the New Testament. In 1918 during the period of the Influenza epidemic in Nigeria West Africa, certain believers began to practice divine healing as taught in the scriptures which was against the teachings in their former fellowship “Diamond Society” the result of which they had to withdraw from Diamond Society due to the persecution from those who did not believe in divine healing.
In 1921 the brethren who had separated from Diamond Society got connected and affiliated with” Faith Tabernacle Congregation” of Philadelphia USA because they also believed in divine healing, and other fundamental principles and teachings of the Bible which the Nigerian brethren who has separated from Diamond Society believed and practices. The Nigerian brethren now adopted the name Faith Tabernacle Congregation.
In 1930 a great spiritual revival sprung up in the Nigerian Faith Tabernacle Congregation which then resulted in great persecution from the local Christian churches due to miracles, signs and wonders that the Lord used the Nigerian leaders of Faith Tabernacle congregation to perform. The Nigerian Faith Tabernacle congregation leaders then appealed to leaders of Faith Tabernacle of Philadelphia USA to send missionaries since the Nigerian government was always protecting any foreign missionaries and churches planted by them. Seeing that no help and response coming from Faith Tabernacle Philadelphia USA, the Nigerian Faith Tabernacle Congregation leaders then began to seek help elsewhere and this effort led them to connect with another group named “The Apostolic Church” in the British Isles. In response to the invitation of the Nigerian leaders of Faith Tabernacle, In 1931 The Apostolic church Great Britain sent three missionaries to come and assist the work of the faith Tabernacle leaders in Nigeria these were Pastors D.P. Williams President, Pastor A. Turnbull, Vice-President and W.J. Williams and after series of meetings together and exchange of views on doctrinal issues and other fundamental scriptural truths the Leaders of the Faith Tabernacle congregation in Nigeria unanimously decided to affiliate with The Apostolic Church of Great Britain and adopted “The Apostolic Church” as a denominational name.
The Apostolic Church Nigeria congregation has passed through turbulent times, particularly in 1931, 1940, and 1952; but the Lord has kept the Church intact till today. And from this offshoot the Lord has also raised up many ministers from the Apostolic church Nigeria who in turn has under God and in l cooperation with the many dedicated members and missionaries has been used to spread the Gospel to every part of the world.
In the year 2012 The Apostolic Church denomination in the United States whose root is from Nigeria adopted the name “The Apostolic Church Glorious Vision USA” for administrative and operational purposes in the continental USA.
A BRIEF HISTORY
One Fold, One Shepherd